Thursday, 2 February 2012

Tila Talk

Last week I took the plunge and bought some Tila beads. Aren't they teeny? I wasn't expecting them to be so delicate. I love them. 
Not feeling in the mood to reinvent the wheel I shopped on Etsy for the Zoe Bangle tutorial (something that my fellow fanatics had introduced me to on the OTTBS group on Facebook) and now look: 


Three of them and more 3mm bicones in the post so I can make more.
Often when I bead I have an audience in mind; workshop students, magazine readers (a girl can dream), fellow beaders, a friend. But the joy of making these bangles was that I made them for ME. 

7 comments:

DEBGER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DEBGER said...

I just love reading this,such a sweet post,glad you made something for yourself. I have a couple of them I made and kept, they are very pretty and petite. JUST LOVE!!!
You did an awesome job!!!!

Gemma said...

Fab bracelets. Hope you enjoy wearing them :o)
Gemxxx

Charters said...

Lovely bangles - look forward to seeing what other Tila creations you come up with.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

They're beautiful! I quite see your point , you really couldn't give these away !!

Cat said...

These are lovely Jane! Always nice to do a bit of what I term "selfish crafting" :)

Clair said...

I love seeing these bangles make an appearance on the OTTBS Facebook Group and I keep meaning to give them a try. I think you might have convinced me :)